What are my options in an unplanned pregnancy?
After you receive a positive lab-quality pregnancy test, you have options to consider. We will provide you with information, resources, and support so you can decide what’s best for your unique situation. Although Life Choices Clinic does not perform or refer for abortions, we’ll listen and help you think through your decision.
We will help you consider the answers to questions such as:
- Am I really pregnant?
- How far along am I?
- What types of procedures are used? Which one will I need?
- Will I have to miss work or school?
- Are there any risks or after-effects I should know about?
We can help you think through this option and consider things like:
- I want to have the baby, but I’m scared about how it might change my life.
- My boyfriend doesn’t want the baby, but I do.
- My parents will be upset if they find out I’m pregnant.
- I want to have the baby, but I can’t afford it.
- I don’t have any insurance coverage.
- I want a baby, but not right now.
- I need to finish school.
As you consider your plan for your child’s life, adoption may be an option for you. The process can seem intimidating, and you may wonder if you can go through with it. We can help you understand how adoption is very different from foster care, what kinds of adoption are available, and whether this is a good option for you.
We’ll help you consider things such as:
- I don’t think I want an abortion, but I’m not ready to be a parent.
- I want my baby to have a two-parent family.
- I want my baby to have financial and emotional stability.
- Can I choose my baby’s adoptive family?
- What would my relationship to my child be like?